entrytblin man pages; patch by Craig Ruff.
personname; patch by Aaron Hawley.
db2x_texixmlusing pure XSLT, for those who can't use the Perl one for whatever reason. See the xslt/backend/ directory. Do not expect this to work completely yet. In particular, tables are not yet available in man pages. (They are, of course, still available in the Perl implementation.)
As a consequence,
db2x_xsltproc has been rewritten to be
a Perl wrapper script around the stock
db2x_xsltprocno longer uses libxml's hackish “SGML DocBook” parser, but now calls sgml2xml(1). The corresponding long option has been renamed to
Some features such as
are rendered more nicely.
Also I made the Texinfo stylesheets adapt to the XSLT processor automatically (with regards to the XSLT extensions). This might be of interest to anybody wanting to use the stylesheets with some other XSLT processor (especially SAXON).
utf8transthat caused it to segfault. At the same time, I rewrote parts of it to make it more efficient for large character maps (those with more than a thousand entries).
XML::Parseron Cygwin, like I did, the Perl component will automatically fall back on the pure Perl parser.
tblwill work. The rest will be fixed in a subsequent release.
Although incomplete, they should be sufficient for localized man-page output, for which there are only a few strings like “Name” and “Synopsis” that need to be translated.
If you do make non-English man pages, you will need to revise the localization files; please send patches to fix them afterwards.
db2x_texixml, to save typing the
--string-param, though the former option name is still accepted for compatibility.
db2x_xsltprocjust like standard
docbook2man-spec.plto a sister package, docbook2man-sgmlspl, since it seems to be used quite a lot.
docbook2manxmlhad some neat code in it, but I fear maintaining two man-page converters will take too much time in the future, so I am dropping it now instead of later.
db2x_xsltproc, formerly called
docbook2texi-libxslt) has been updated for the recent libxslt changes. Catalog support working.
docbook2texi-libxslt, which uses libxslt. Finally, no more Java is necessary.
recodeevery time the translation changes. However, Christoph Spiel has ported the recode utf8..texi patch to GNU recode 3.6 if you prefer to use recode.
The documentation for the XSLT stylesheets can be extracted
automatically. (Caveat: libxslt has a bug which affects this process,
so if you want to build this part of the documentation yourself you must
use some other XSLT processor. There is no
jrefentry support in docbook2X yet, so the
reference is packaged in HTML format; this will change in the next
docbook2texi. Moved Perl scripts to perl/ directory and did some renaming of the scripts to saner names.
docbook2manxmland the Texi-XML, Man-XML tools.
docbook2man-spec.plhas an option to strip or not strip letters in man page section names, and xref may now refer to
refsectn. I have not personally tested these options, but loosing them in the interests of release early and often.
paramdefnon-conformance, and vertical simplelists with multiple columns fixed in
docbook2manxmlup to speed. It builds its own documentation now.
recodewhich maps Unicode characters to the corresponding Texinfo commands or characters. It is in ucs2texi.patch. I have already sent this patch to the maintainer of
docbook2texixmltransform into intermediate XML format which closely resembles the Texinfo format, and then another tool is used to convert this XML to the actual format.
This scheme moves all the messy whitespace, newline, and escaping issues out of the actual transformation code. Another benefit is that other stylesheets (systems), can be used to do the transformation, and it serves as a base for transformation to Texinfo from other DTDs.
sets because it did not keep track of the Texinfo file being processed.
As a consequence, the bug in which
not output the @setinfofile is fixed.
xreflabel handling is also sane now.
In the new scheme, elements are referred to by their ID (auto-generated
if necessary). The Texinfo node names are generated before doing the
actual transformation, and subsequent
simply looks up the node name when given an element.
There are some changes to the old code base in this new release; see old change log for details.